Foreign nationals with Canadian work experience who want to obtain a permanent residence must apply for a Canadian Experience Class. Since 2015, applications for the Canadian Experience Class are handled through the Express Entry system. Therefore, all eligible candidates alike for permanent residence should submit their applications in the Express Entry.

CEC candidates receive a score under the Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on the information provided in their profile. There’s a total of 1,200 points available under the CRS. Eligible applicants receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).

Note: Foreign workers that plan to become permanent residents of Quebec, must apply to the government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate. The province of Quebec manages its own immigration program outside the federal Express Entry under a special agreement with the Government of Canada.

Eligibility Requirements

These following are the eligibility criteria:

Have at least one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada within the last 3 years under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level 0 (managerial jobs), A (professional jobs) or B (tech jobs and skilled trades);
Pass a minimum required language level in English or French;
A completed credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary or post-secondary school;
Sufficient settlement funds to support yourself, and any dependent family members, unless you obtain a job offer or already have the right to work in Canada;
Evidence of a completed medical check-up; 
Applicants must obtain a security clearance.