The process is safe. You will enter basic personal information like your name, passport number, email and answers to several simple questions.
It’s valid for up to five years, from the day on which it is issued to the applicant or until the earliest of the following days if they occur before the end of that period:
- The day on which the applicant’s passport or other travel document expires; or
- The day on which the electronic travel authorization is canceled; or
- The day on which a new electronic travel authorization is issued to the applicant.
With a valid
You don’t need an
The visa office reserves the right to request the following documents before entry into Canada:
- A medical examination;
- A criminal record check;
- An interview.
The immigration office doesn't consider certain documents to be valid, including:
- Passports issued by the Czech Republic, as they are not recognizable by the machine;
- Temporary passports supplied by South Africa;
- Temporary passports supplied by Venezuela.
The official documents will be returned together after all checks have been finished. In addition, the visa office will also retain any fraudulent documents submitted.
Travelers Who Need an
Foreign nationals, who are visa-exempt, need an
eTAto fly to or transit through a Canadian airport. These travelers don’t need the eTAwhen arriving by car, bus, boat, train or cruise ship;
Lawful permanent residents of the U.S need an
eTAto fly to or transit through a Canadian airport;
Citizens from select visa-required countries may be eligible to apply for an
eTA, instead of a visa, to travel to Canada by air. But these travelers need a visitor visa when arriving by train, bus, boat, car or cruise ship.
Who Can't Apply for an
- Canadian citizens, including dual Canadian citizens (People in this category have to make sure to travel with a valid Canadian passport);
- Canadian permanent residents;
- U.S citizens (Meaning that your passport is issued by the U.S.A) for the reasons of a visitor/tourist travel do not need an
How to Apply
Unlike the old VISA application system, Travel Authorization Application must be done online. Each travel should have an official
To complete the form, you will need your passport, a credit or debit card, and an email address.
It's worth to mention that some requests take several days to process if you’re asked to submit supporting documents, so it’s better to get an
The application form is available online. As it is said above it takes about 15 minutes to fill it. You have to fill the following details in order to complete the application form:
- The country that issued the passport;
- The nationality indicated on the passport;
- The passport number;
- The surname and forenames as they are indicated in your passport;
- The birth date;
- The Country;
- The city of birth;
- Dates of issue and expiry of the passport.
Marital status, client unique identifier, and employment information, including domain, position, employer’s name, city and date of hire also have to be filled. You also have to write your contact and other travel information too. After completing this information, you have to wait for the approval. You can check the status of your request by clicking on the tool reserved for this aim. You have to use your application number and details of your passport. You will be alerted by email when your application has been accepted. In case of refusal, you will receive a breakdown of the reason for the refusal.