Minimum 2 years of full-time paid work experience in a skilled trade in the past 5 years under the following groups of the National Occupation Classification (NOC)
40 different occupations:
- NOC 72 – industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- NOC 73 – maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- NOC 82 – supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production;
- NOC 92 – processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- NOC 632 – chefs and cooks;
- NOC 633 – butchers and bakers.
Have a full-time job offer for at least one year from a Canadian employer together with Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.
Pass a minimum required language level in English or French
A completed credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary or post-secondary school.
Sufficient settlement funds to support yourself, and any dependent family members, unless you obtain a job offer or already have the right to work in Canada;
Evidence of a completed medical check-up;
Applicants must obtain a security clearance.