Information on COVID-19 and Immigration to Canada

Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)


The Government of Quebec understands that there are many talented foreign workers in the province. They can significantly contribute to the local economy. However, this is only possible if they become permanent residents. So there is an immigration program called the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ). It enables international students and temporary foreign workers with working experience in Quebec to become permanent residents.


Quebec Experience Class (PEQ) Requirements


Only full-time students with the following degrees and diplomas are eligible:

  • Vocational Studies diploma (DVS) covering 1,800 hours of study;
  • Vocational Specialization attestation accounting for 1,800 hours of study;
  • College studies or technical training diploma;
  • Bachelor’s degree;
  • Master’s degree (including MBA);
  • Doctorate.

A public and accredited education institution based in Quebec must issue the diploma. An international student also must have lived in Quebec for at least half the duration of their study program.

French language requirements. International students should:    

  • Complete their study program in French;
  • Pass a recognized French exam;
  • Complete at least three years of full-time study in French;
  • Meet the language requirements of a professional Order in Quebec.


Quebec Experience Program for Temporary Workers


To apply for the Quebec Experience Program, temporary workers or workers under an approved work holiday program (or Young Professionals and International Co-op Internship) must be residing temporarily in Quebec. Other requirements include:

  • Full-time and paid (30 hours per week) employment in Quebec for a period of one year in the two years prior to the submission of the application. This period doesn’t have to be uninterrupted and might be gained with more than one employer;
  • Show the intention to settle in Quebec;
  • Complete an intermediate or advanced French issued in Quebec;
  • Pass a recognized French test;
  • Must be employed full-time at the time of the application;

Foreign workers can work in any occupation (A, B, C, and D categories). Jobs in the C and D categories don’t require post-secondary education. Usually, candidates qualify if they have completed job-specific training.


What You Need To Know About The Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)


Before you apply for the Quebec Experience Class, you must be eligible to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). If you get this certificate it means the government of Quebec has selected you for permanent residence.

Additionally, another important thing to take into consideration about the Quebec Experience Program is that candidates must demonstrate a decent knowledge of oral French and provide an official document. To find out about organizations that offer these tests are approved by the Quebec government and the minimum passing grades, visit the Quebec official immigration website. Graduates with a Postgraduation Work Permit are eligible to apply for both programs under the Quebec Experience Class (PEQ).

If for some reasons you are unable to apply for the Quebec Experience Class, for example, because of insufficient French skills, you may qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.