Quebec Experience Class

The Government of Canada understands that there are many talented foreign workers in Canada. They can significantly contribute to Canada’s economy. This is only possible if they become permanent residents. So, there is an immigration program called the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). It enables international students and temporary foreign workers with working experience in Canada to immigrate permanently.


Quebec Experience Program for international students
Only full-time students under the following degrees and diplomas are considered:
Vocational Studies diploma (DVS) covering 1,800 hours of study;
Vocational Specialization attestation accounting for 1,800 hours of study;
College studies or technical training diploma;
Bachelor’s degree;
Master’s degree (including MBA);

The diploma must be issued by a university or by a public and accredited education institution based in Quebec. In addition, an international student must have lived in Quebec for at least half the duration of their study program.

French language requirements:

The study program must be completed in French;
Three years of full-time study in French;
Complete an intermediate or advanced French issued in Quebec;
Pass a recognized French exam;
Quebec Experience Program for Temporary Workers

To apply for the Quebec Experience Programs, temporary workers or workers under an approved work holiday program (or Young Professionals and International Co-op Internship) must be residing temporarily in Quebec. Other requirements include:

Full-time and paid (30 hours per week) employment in Quebec for a period of one year in the two years prior to the submission of the application. This period doesn’t have to be uninterrupted and might be gained with more than one employer;
Show the intention to settle in Quebec; 
Complete an intermediate or advanced French issued in Quebec;
Pass a recognized French test;
Must be employed full-time at the time of the application.

Foreign workers can be employed in any occupation (A, B, C, and D categories). Jobs in the C and D categories don’t require post-secondary education. Usually, candidates qualify if they have completed job-specific training.