• Life in Canada

  • Work While Studying in Canada

  • Work While Studying in Canada

    A valid Canada Study Permit grants international students the right to work off-campus, under certain conditions.

    To be eligible to work off campus, international students in Canada must:

    • Hold a valid Study Permit.
    • Study at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level.
    • Maintain a satisfactory academic standard, as determined by their institution.
    • Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate, that is at least six months in duration.The following international students are not eligible to work off-campus:
      • Students enrolled in an English as a Foreign Language or a French as a Foreign Language course.
      • Students taking a general interest course or program.
      • Visiting or exchange students at a designated learning institution.

      Please note: International students in Canada must stop working in the day they no longer meet the above eligibility requirements (e.g., if they no longer study full-time during an academic session), unless otherwise authorized.

      After the graduation, international students may choose to obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit.

    error: Content is protected !!